Little "Love" Bites for the Holidays

I love the idea of giving these one & two bite treats a few weeks out before the holidays when people are in the thick of getting ready--- maybe a little stressed and maybe a little tired. Its a nice pick-me-up guilty pleasure, but not too guilty because, after all, it's just a bite!


Above: Little bites for the teachers and staff at school.
Ina Garten's Gingerbread Cupcakes with Orange Icing is probably my favorite new recipe that I tried this year. The dried crystallized ginger adds such a nice little bite, but still not too spicy for kids to love. (The flavor even continues to develop overnight).
Anyone who clicked on the Google banner over Thanksgiving found a page of perfect, simple basic and delicious recipes for the holiday from The Barefoot Contessa. I thought, OK fine, done. I used most of the recipes for our feast, the turkey the brussel sprouts, popovers and the Gingerbread cupcakes.
Above: a very festive Red Velvet. I've tried a number of different Red Velvet cake recipes and Elisa Strauss' Red Velvet cake recipe is my absolute favorite.

OK, and then there's chocolate. 'nuf said.

Comments

Post a Comment