Friday, January 29, 2010

Up, Up and Away! (Cakes for boys! part 3)


Just finished up this cake for the ever-talented Amy Atlas, who put together an over-the-top, beautiful "Ready For Takeoff!" birthday party for her 4 year old son.My friend Patti Paige of Baked Ideas, who's amazing attention to detail NEVER ceases to amaze and inspire me, created theseUNBELIEVABLE cupcakes and cookies:
(above cookie & cupcake photos courtesy: Amy Atlas & Patti Paige)*Thank you so much to cake artist, Liz Shim and Kristen Veloria for coming to my rescue at the last minute to help me out with the cake & the delivery!

3 comments:

  1. Oh those are so great! My son would love these so much, and the cake is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog! Thanks for finding me and for the blog love!

    Kim @
    http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing !! How did you get the wings to stay up there? what material did you use for the wongs. I love the idea of using the cake stand to make appear as if it sia actually flying. You did an EXCEPTIONAL job! Fantastic A++

    ReplyDelete