Here's Looking AT-AT You, Kid (Star Wars AT-AT cake)


So, here's the assignment: Star Wars Jedi-In-Training Party for a 6 year old boy.
Now, I've always had a little crush on the vintage AT-AT walker toy our friend Jason passed down to our son, and so suggested an AT-AT cake.
Then I thought about it. (Its kind of a daunting concept once you get right down to it)

When I did a little online research, I was really surprised to see how many AT-AT cakes were out there. Great beautiful fondant covered and wonderful homemade buttercream masterpieces. I read on one blog how it took 60 hours to make theirs...and I thought---"no, no, no, I can totally do it faster than that." Oddly enough, I clocked in at right around the 60 hour mark when Chris and Lisa arrived to deliver the cake... and could easily have gone into overtime.

I wanted to emphasize the puppy-like qualities by making the paws and joints and head a little bit bigger. (head is cherry vanilla cake body is chocolate cake)

Here's one of my other favorite things I stumbled across in searching for reference material for the AT-AT cake:

Comments

  1. This is such a cool cake! This is amazing and awesome! I think i know the other AT-AT cake that was amazingly done for her husband..cos i read her blog too. Yours is equally amazing and detailed! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh..i forgot to add that i love the light feature!..so cool..i wish someone can teach me how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visitI am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visitI am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visitjogos online 2019
    play Games friv
    school friv

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment